|How and Where To Play Online Casino Texas Hold’em Poker
|Click on any banner on this page to play online Texas Holdem Poke
|Texas Hold’em ,a game for between 2-10 players, is
today among the most popular versions of Poker.
Texas Hold’em has gained popularity, both in the
US and abroad, due to its fast paced play and simple
game rules. Visit our Recommended Online
Poker Rooms or Visit our FULL Casino
Reviews for a Casino to play Texas Hold’em
|Texas Hold’em uses a dealer button to indicate which player will receive cards
first and where the action will start for every betting round.
To begin, one or more “blind” bets are placed to create action in the first betting
round. A “blind” bet constitutes all or part of the player’s wager and must be
“posted” before the player receives any cards, unless a specific game or
situation deems otherwise.
The player closest to the left of the button must post the “Small Blind” –
approximately half of the minimum bet for the first betting round. The player to the
left of the “Small Blind” must post the “Big Blind” which is equal to the minimum
bet for the first betting round.
Players are allowed to check and raise, with a maximum of three raises per betting
round. If action becomes “heads up” (only two active players remaining) before a
third raise is made, there is no limit to the number of raises that the remaining
players can make.
Players are dealt two down cards followed by another round of betting. Action
starts with the person to the left of the player who posted the “Big Blind.”
This betting round is followed by three cards (also called the “Flop”) being dealt
face-up in the middle of the table. The “Flop” is followed by a round of betting
started by the active player who is sitting closest to the left of the button.
Two additional cards are turned face-up in the middle of the table, one at a time,
each followed by a betting round.
Players may use any combination of their two down cards and the five board cards
to create their best five card Poker hand – including using all five board cards.
The standard ranking of hands applies when determining the value of a player’s
|TEXAS HOLD’EM STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS
|Step 1: Posting the Blind Bets
1. The first Player Sitting-in in a clockwise fashion to the left of the Dealer Posts
the Small Blind Bet (half the Table’s Lower Limit Stake – on Tables with stakes
higher than $1 the Small Blind is rounded down to the nearest dollar).
2. The second Player Sitting-in in a clockwise fashion to the left of the Dealer,
Posts the Big Blind Bet (equal to the Table’s Lower Limit Stake).
Step 2: The Pocket Cards – The First Deal
1. The Dealer distributes two facedown Pocket Cards to each Player. The cards
Step 3: The First Betting Round – Betting Limit: Lower Limit Stake
1. The first Player Sitting-in to the left of the Big Blind begins the first Betting
Step 4: “The Flop” – The Second Deal
1. The Dealer places three Community Boardcards, face-up, in the center of the
Step 5: The Second Betting Round – Betting Limit: Lower Limit Stake
1. The first active Player (who has not Folded) to the left of the Dealer begins the
Step 6: “The Turn” – The Third Deal
1. The Dealer places a fourth Community Boardcard, face-up, in the center of the
Step 7: The Third Betting Round – Betting Limit: Higher Limit Stake
1. The first active Player to the left of the Dealer begins the third Betting Round.
Step 8: “The River” – The Fourth & Final Deal
1. The Dealer places a fifth Community Boardcard, face-up, in the center of the
Step 9: The Fourth Betting Round – Betting Limit: Higher Limit Stake
1. The first active Player to the left of the Dealer begins the fourth Betting Round.
Step 10: The Showdown
1. Once the fourth Betting Round is completed there is a Showdown. In the
2. The active Player who creates the highest valued Poker hand wins the Pot,